Do you have a burning question about writing but were afraid to ask or didn’t know anyone to ask? This Saturday, the fourth Saturday of every month, Seventh Wave Books sponsors the Author Help Line for this very reason. We are there to answer any of your questions about writing , publishing, and the answer to life itself. Yeah, the last one we’re a little shaky on.
Free. All you need to do is to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll send you the phone number to the conference call and the access pin to get join us. Again it’s free. How many truly free things are there left in the world?
Ask any question. There are no dumb questions. Seriously. And if you are looking for a publisher, join us and pitch to us over the phone. You never know what will happen. We are needing new authors and love working with first time ones. Ask Guy Gertsch and soon to be published Alicia Sheehy, both first time authors. We love first time authors.
And just to round out this blog… From the Business Insider via Publisher’s Weekly… Some interesting facts about Amazon.com you might not know….
1. Amazon.com was almost called Cadabra as in Abracadabra.
2. The name was chosen for two reasons… one the suggest scale- Earth’s biggest bookstore and back then websites were listed alphabetically.
3. Amazon’s warehouses have more square footage than 700 Madison Square Gardens and could hold more water than 10,000 Olympic pools.
4. The first book sold by Amazon.com was Fluid Concepts & Creative Analogies: Computer Models of Fundamental Mechanisms of Thought.
5. Amazon’s current logo was designed to depict a smile that goes from A to Z. “This signifies that the company is willing to deliver everything to everyone anywhere in the world.”
6. Amazon.com employees spend two days every two years working at the customer service desk, even the CEO.
7. Last year when Amazon website went down for 49 minutes, the company missed sales of nearly 5.7 million dollars.
Wow. Who knew? Anyway, join us at the Author’s Help Line this coming Saturday, March 30, 2013 at 11:00 am Central Time. All you need to do is email me at the above address and get the number and access pin. Free. Ask your questions. Bring it on.
Acquiring Editor, Seventh Wave Books, LLC
Author of the Mel Addison Mystery Series